Saturday, February 6, 2021

A Tools-oriented In-depth Tutorial Introduction to C

 A Tools-oriented In-depth Tutorial Introduction to C

by Joel Matthew Rees

Copyright 2021, Joel Matthew Rees

 

I'm supposed to say something here that sets this tutorial apart from other tutorials you can find in various places on the web.

I'm writing it. That definitely makes it different.

Well, the odd choice of projects draws from my own odd interests, but my focus is on building tools I have found useful in my past programming projects, and in using them to expose the corners that most introductions to the language leave dark.

Most of the tutorial projects will compile and run anywhere an ANSI or K&R compiler can be used. I'll note any exceptions.

Part One -- Basics of C

  1. Looking Deeper into Hello World in C -- char Type and Characters and Strings
  2. Personalizing Hello World -- A Greet Command
  3. Personalizing Hello World -- Char Arrays, and Giving the User a Menu
  4. ASCII Table in C -- Char Arrays and Char Pointer Arrays
  5. TBD

Part Two -- TBD



No comments:

Post a Comment